- In 2005, we eliminated artificial trans fats, starting with our kid’s meals.
- In 2008, we eliminated high-fructose corn syrup from all but a few fountain drinks.
- In 2009, we released a new kid’s menu that reduced sodium levels by 21%, saturated fat by 20%, cholesterol by 17%, total carbs by 15% and calories by 10%.
- Also in 2009, Jason’s Deli became a partner with the Texas Health Institute (THI). Their mission, along with their passion for community involvement, is a perfect match to our core values.
Over the past several years, after becoming involved with one of THI’s focuses, the Southern Obesity Summit, we’ve made even more improvements.
- In 2010, we removed fountain drinks as a choice on our kid’s menu. Today, every kid’s meal comes with an organic drink choice: apple juice, low-fat milk or chocolate milk.
- USDA-Certified Organic ingredients can be found throughout the entire menu.
- In 2015, our J.D. Nuggetz were named to the “20 Best Kid’s-Menu Dishes” by Parents magazine. J.D. Nuggetz feature four pieces of 100% antibiotic-free and gluten-free chicken, breaded with cornmeal. Introduced in 2014, J.D. Nuggetz became such a hit, we now offer them for grown-ups, too.
Today we offer 17 entrée options with 540 or fewer calories for kids 12 and under.