Last Updated: June 8, 2016
- Children Under 13
The Site is not intended for, or designed to attract, children under the age of 13; it is also not intended, or designed, to collect personal information from children. If a parent or guardian has reason to believe that a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com.
- Information We May Collect from You
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address & Location Information: When you use the Site, we may passively collect (that is, gather without you actively providing the information) your IP address and the location from which you are visiting the Site. We may aggregate this information with similar information provided by other users to produce analytics regarding the number of users visiting a site from a particular location, for instance, or to sort your search results by the restaurant closest to you. The data we collect will never contain, or be combined with, information that identifies you personally without your permission.
- Other Passive Information Collection: We and/or our service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and technology providers may use session and persistent cookies, web beacons, clear gifs, session IDs, successor tracker technology and other similar technologies as you navigate the Site and material displayed thereon. “Cookies,” for instance, are small text files placed on your Internet browser in order to perform functions like tracking your preferences and selections as you navigate the Site, showing you advertisements based on your interests, or gathering information about the technology you are using to access the Site. We passively collect this information to understand what areas of the Site are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us and the aforementioned third parties to update and improve the Site and otherwise manage and measure the performance of content, promotions, advertisements and other features displayed or delivered on or through the Site. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment. Many web browsers will allow you to disable or block cookies and other similar technologies, but please note that doing so may prevent you from using certain parts or features of the Site, or prevent the Site from working properly for you.
- Mobile Location Services: The Mobile Applications may also include location functionality that relies upon collection of geo-location data from your mobile device (e.g., to identify nearby Jason’s Deli locations). Your mobile device may include settings to disable the Mobile Application’s access to your location. Please check your device and/or operating system instructions for availability and details. Note, however, that opting out of the Mobile Application’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
- How the Company may Use and Disclose Information Obtained through the Service
- Our Use: We may use the information collected to provide you services related to the Jason’s Deli experience. Your information may be used by the Site to provide notifications and messages to you (including information about our products or services). Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected internally to operate the services described on the Site (including to fulfill online food orders, process payments, etc.), to improve the Site, to customize the Site to your preferences, to communicate information to you, for research purposes and for any other purpose specified in this Policy. We may also use your information to display advertising in the Site to our advertisers’ target audiences. In addition, we may make full use of all information acquired through the Site that is not in personally identifiable form.
- Other Company Disclosures: We may disclose any of the information you provide:
- to service providers we use to support our business (such as hosting providers, technical support, data analytics, mailing houses and financial institutions), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to use it for the same purposes;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and subpoenas, where we believe in good faith that such response is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and
- in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
We do not otherwise distribute to third parties your personally identifiable information.The Company, however, will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties except as required by law.
- Choices You May Have About How We Use Your Information
If you have provided us with information identifying you personally and wish to update, correct or delete it from our records, please notify us of your wishes by logging on to the Website and accessing your current information under the "My Profile" menu selection. You may edit or remove addresses on file, update your name or telephone numbers, change your email address, opt-in or opt-out for email communications or change your password. Alternatively, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where it is possible to do so, we will act on your request to amend or delete your personal information within a reasonable time. However, such modifications or deletions may only affect reports after the date of such modifications; any data associated with prior reports may remain unmodified as previously provided to recipients of that data and stored in our servers.
- How the Company Protects Your Information
We work hard to protect the integrity of the information collected in our databases. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including the use of encryption and limited access to data. But you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. PLEASE NOTE: The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of the Site before you leave your computer or mobile device.
- Contacting Third Parties
If you elect to contact any third party identified on this Site, whether directly or through links, your choice to provide that party with your personal information is solely at your discretion. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, any collection or use of your information by such third parties.
- How You Can Contact the Company
- Information Collected Elsewhere
This Policy applies only to information collected on this Website and through our Mobile Applications; it does not apply to information collected in other areas, whether online or offline. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed through a link on the Site. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party websites to understand how those sites collect, use and disclose any information.
- This Website’s Response to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Website does not respond to pre-set browser “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms that provide users with choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information relating to online activities over time and across third-party websites. Once the Internet industry has settled on standards related to this issue and Company recognizes such standards, we may reevaluate this approach.