Our approach to gluten-free.
Although we can’t guarantee that there will be no cross-contact/cross-contamination of gluten — Jason’s Deli is not a 100% gluten-free environment — we take special care to ensure that our gluten-sensitive products do not come in contact with gluten.
Here’s how we prepare items from our Gluten-Sensitive Menu:
- Every Jason’s Deli has a special gluten-sensitive kit for preparing gluten-sensitive (GS) items.
- Inside this kit, items are color coded (purple) to alert employees that the menu item coming down is a GS item.
- Separate cutting board, toasting trays, spatulas, mayo and mustard packets, to-go boxes, gluten-free stickers and bread help avoid contamination.
- Condiments, in addition to mayo or mustard, are applied using a squeeze bottle with product that is not already in use.
- Each line employee washes hands and changes gloves when a GS item is coming down the line.
- Sandwiches are prepared with gluten-free bread on parchment paper instead of the regular cutting boards.
To-go GS sandwiches are served in boxes from the GS kit. Dine-in items are served in a GS to-go box placed on a dine-in plate. This helps minimize cross-contamination from the dine-in plate.
Dine-in side dishes are also served in to-go containers. If a meal comes with chips, they are served in an unopened single-serve bag on the dine-in plate.